Visit the capital city Amman and embrace city life with its bars and restaurants and a variety of hotels. Jordan makes the perfect choice for a multi-center holiday to visit the Dead Sea, the ancient Nabatean city of Petra and the Wadi Rum desert Moonscape.
With a flying time of just over 5 hours to Amman from London, making it an ideal choice for a winter city break. Tours from the City include trips to Petra and the Dead Sea. For a longer stay combine culture with Beach and visit the coastal resort of Aqaba.
Jordan is the perfect choice for a honeymoon
If you are looking for more than just a beach for your honeymoon then consider a honeymoon in Jordan. You can combine a visit to the country with a visit to Egypt and take in the delights of the two countries.
Just imagine starting your honeymoon with a stay at a hotel in Cairo with views to the Pyramids then on to visit to the Dead Sea and the ancient Nabatean city of Petra finished off with a few days at the beach in Aqaba or cross back into Egypt and spend your time at the beach in Taba Heights. Get in touch for more information on Jordan as a honeymoon destination.
Weather in Jordan, Middle East
The weather is hot in the summer months (June to October) with the rain falling mainly between November and March. The winter of November to March can be warm during the day with chilly evenings.
Things to do in Jordan
Jordan offers many things for the visitor. From shopping, dining out, trekking, sightseeing it has something for everyone.
- A visit to the Dead sea is a must just to lie back and float on the sea for total relaxation or check into one of the Spa resorts located at the Dead sea.
- Rock climbing in Wadi Rum, canoeing and wildlife spotting are just a few of the different activities in Jordan.
- Petra – Whilst a must to visit during the day, it is also a wonderful option to include a night visit to Petra. This spectacular tour with the ancient city dressed by candle-light and the haunting sound of a Bedouin flute. The night visit to Petra is only available 3 evenings a week, Monday, Wednesday and Thursday.
- For a little culture; visit the ancient Nabatean city of Petra and watch the sunset on the rose-pink city.
- Combine the city, culture and beach with a visit to Aqaba and enjoy the comforts of the luxury 4 and 5-star hotels on the beach.
For more information visit Jordan Tourist Board
Languages spoke: Jordanian Arabic, English
Currency Jordanian dinar
Visa requirements A tourist single entry visa is required on arrival in Jordan which can be purchased at the airport for a cost of 20 JD which is approximately 30USD or £20 sterling. If you require multiple entries to Jordan you will need to pre-purchase your visa from the nearest Embassy at a cost of £30