Our tips for how to have the best honeymoon abroad:
When planning a honeymoon it is always difficult to know where to go or what to do. Fear not read our Honeymoon Tips below and you will be on your way to a great honeymoon. For some the plan of the pattering of small feet follow quickly, so it could be your last holiday together for a while. It’s always good to research the chosen destination and make sure it is a destination of interest to both of you as you both want to have a good time. consider some of our other tips and you should be on the way to the perfect honeymoon:
- Check the weather in your chosen country prior to booking, the last thing you want is to book a beach honeymoon in their monsoon season.
- If you wish to travel on your honeymoon in your married name, your passport can be changed prior to your departure date, but you will not be able to travel on the amended passport until after your wedding. Your tickets will also need to be booked in your married name at the time of booking. If you are planning a hen weekend abroad, you may decide that it is easier to keep your passport in your maiden name and change it after your return.
- Your passport must be valid for at least 6 months from your return date.
- Obtain visas if required. Check at the time of booking.
- Check with your GP the required medical requirements and necessary injections.
- Organize foreign currency and travellers’ cheques or prepaid credit cards.
- Obtain adequate insurance cover.
- Pre-book flight seats, airport parking, overnight airport hotel, car hire.
- If you have booked a wedding abroad then establish what is included in your wedding package such as flowers, music, cake, photographs etc and decide whether you would like to book any extras.
- Check the number of days you legally need to be in the country before your wedding ceremony can take place. This may determine the length of your honeymoon as in some countries you will not be able to marry-until the second week.
- Check whether the hotel offers any discounts, special offers or upgrades for honeymoon couples.
- Enquire whether there are any discounts for group bookings if you are taking friends and family with you.
- Check whether your guests need day passes to attend the wedding if they are not staying at your hotel, particularly if your hotel is all-inclusive.
- Decide where you want to get married when in the resort. Have you always dreamed of a wedding on a beach at sunset with views out to the sea. Make sure the hotel can accommodate your dream.
- If you are getting married abroad then consider where you will honeymoon. Do you want to stay in the same resort with family and friends or do you want to go off to a different destination and spend time together in a once in a lifetime resort or an upgraded hotel room such as a honeymoon water bungalow in the Maldives?
Hopefully, these tips will help you to have a great honeymoon or wedding abroad. If you think we have missed any then please add a comment to this post.