Abu Dhabi offers year-round sunshine and warm climate which is one of the attractive points for holidays. It’s very like its neighbouring Arab country of Dubai. It offers holidays in its beautiful city as well as pristine beaches and a cosmopolitan lifestyle.
Each year a different hotel opens and this year the latest addition to the country was Ferrari World world claiming to be the largest indoor theme park with its many attractions including a Roller Coaster. Abu Dhabi has developed at a slower pace than it’s bordering country, Dubai. However, it still offers a choice of wonderful hotels, Warm sunny climate and seas as well as some of the world’s largest sand dunes. Twin this country with Dubai or the Maldives for a twin-centre holiday.
When to go to Abu Dhabi for the best weather
It is year-round sunshine with hot summers and cooler winters. In the summer the temperature can be too hot and it is advisable not to stay out in the midday sun. The best time to visit is between October and May when it is slightly cooler.
Flying to Abu Dhabi
Other options are flying to Dubai and taking a road transfer of approximately 90minutes. There is a wider choice of carriers that fly to Dubai on a daily basis and some twice a day such as Emirates Airlines. Etihad provides an excellent service and offer 3 levels of seating from Economy to Business class called Coral, Pearl and Diamond Class.
Contact go easy travel for your personal holiday quote.
Hotels and Accommodation in Abu Dhabi
Choose from many hotels such as the Shangri La with its beautiful views of the Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque or one of the many hotel options on Yas Island such as The Anatara Island resort set in a wildlife reserve with it beautiful setting and resident wildebeest, Arabian oryx and flamingoes. Winner of Conde Nast Traveler’s award Best Hotels for Locations 2010.
Honeymoons in Abu Dhabi
Honeymoons are the perfect winter honeymoon destination with a reasonable flying time. With its year-round sunshine; it is a perfect option if getting married in the winter months. There is a large choice of hotels to choose from offering a selection of room types from standard to luxury suites. Honeymoon couples should consider the Emirates Palace with its 1.3 km private beach and 2 luxury spas.
The Emirates Palace offers a free room upgrade to honeymoon couples subject to availability on check-in. Another alternative is The Anatara Desert Islands Resort & Spa which offers all honeymoon couples a complimentary bottle of champagne, one Thai Massage per person per stay and a romantic dinner for two.
Family Holidays to Abu Dhabi
Kids clubs on offer include the Hilton Hotel, Desert Island resort and spa, Khalidiya Palace Rayhaan by Rotana and Crowne Plaza Yas Island right next to the Yas Links golf course on Yas Island. If you are thinking of a golf holiday twined with a family holiday then contact go easy travel now to help plan the perfect golf holiday.
Top things to do in Abu Dhabi
Liwa and Al Ain Oases – Visit the lush green oases and admire the stunning backdrop of the world’s largest Sand Dunes.
Abu Dhabi’s Corniche – Stroll along the 6km long promenade and visit one of the open-air cafes and watch the world go by.
Abu Dhabi Ferrari – Worlds largest indoor theme park
Yellow Boat speedboat tour – enjoy a tour and its Corniche from the water on the Yellow speedboat tour.
Souks and Shopping Malls – If you love shopping then Abu Dhabi will not disappoint, in particular carpets, textiles and gold are excellent purchases as well as designer watches and clothes. Shops are normally open from 10am to 10pm with some closing for a lunch break between 1pm and 4pm. Please check as times can change during Ramadam and Eid.
Spas – The Abu Dhabi ladies Club is located at the end of the Corniche close to the Emirates palace and offers the utmost tranquil lush surroundings. As well as treatments they offer an extensive exercise programme.
Al Ain Wild life Park & Resort – Home to over 4000 animals, 30% of which are considered to be endangered.
Hili Fun – An excellent kids fun park with lots of games, roller coasters and even racing cars to drive.
What’s new in Abu Dhabi?
Opening soon a new golf course at Yas Island.
Ferrari World the largest indoor theme park opening in November 2010 in time for the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix.
Hotels Opening Soon – The Rocco Forte group open their first hotel in the Middle East this Autumn 2010. As does Mandarin Oriental open it’s first Middle East with an 18 Hole Gary Player designed golf course which will be on Saadiyat Island in 2013.
Also in 2013 will see the opening of the W Hotel
Visa on arrival for 30 day stays for the following countries with 6 month validity on their passport
Countries eligible for visa on arrival
• Australia • Andorra • Austria • Brunei • Belgium • Canada • Denmark • Finland • France • Germany • Greece • Hong Kong • Iceland • Ireland • Italy • Japan • Liechtenstein • Luxembourg • Malaysia • Monaco • Netherlands • New Zealand • Norway • Portugal • San Marino • Singapore • South Korea • Spain • Sweden • Switzerland • United Kingdom • United States of America • The Vatican.
• British Citizens can obtain a visa upon arrival at Abu Dhabi Airport.
• GCC Nationals can also enter the UAE without a visa.
currency Dirham (AED)
Some fun facts you might not know about Abu Dhabi:
- Abu Dhabi means Father of the Gazelle in Arabic
- The Capital Gate Building leans 4 times more than the tower of Pisa!
- It is home to Ferrari Land and hosts the Grand Prix in November
- In December they have a multimillion dollar camel beauty pageant with over 20,000 camels taking part! Its the Al Dhafra Festival
- It consists of 700 kilometres coastline and has 200 islands
- The world’s largest Jeep is in Abu Dhabi…,it’s 21 feet tall, weighs 4.4 tons and completely drivable
- It is also home to the world’s largest rug. This famous carpet is 60,546-square-foot and it took over a year to complete with the help of more than a thousand weavers.
- There are 199 different kind of dates and the country produces 76,000 tonnes of dates every year.
- The Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque houses the worlds largest chandelier
- They have air conditioning EVERYWHERE including bus stops
- The Country was designed by Japanese architect Dr Takahashi in 1967 with the guidance of Sheikh Zayed.
- It has gold dispensing ATMs
- It is home to the Yas Marina Circuit
For more detailed information you can visit the official Tourist Board