Abu Dhabi Holidays Destination
Perhaps it has something to do with its year-round sunshine and warm climate is one of the attractive points for Abu Dhabi holidays. It’s very like its neighbouring Arab country of Dubai. It offers holidays in its city of Abu Dhabi; it’s beautiful pristine beaches and cosmopolitan lifestyle.
Abu Dhabi is a growing destination
Each year a different hotel opens and this year the latest addition to the country was Abu Dhabi Ferrari world claiming to be the largest indoor theme park with its many attractions including a Roller Coaster. Abu Dhabi has developed at a slower pace than it’s bordering country, Dubai. However, it still offers a choice of wonderful hotels, Warm sunny climate and seas as well as some of the world’s largest sand dunes. Twin Abu Dhabi with Dubai or the Maldives for a twin-centre holiday.
When to go to Abu Dhabi for the best weather
Abu Dhabi is year round sunshine with hot summers and cooler winters. In the summer the temperature can be too hot and it is advisable not to stay out in the midday sun. Best time to visit is between October and May when it is slightly cooler.
What’s new in Abu Dhabi?
Opening soon a new golf course at Yas Island.
Ferrari World the largest indoor theme park opening in November 2010 in time for the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix.
Hotels Opening Soon – The Rocco Forte group open their first hotel in the Middle East this Autumn 2010. As does Mandarin Oriental open it’s first Middle East with an 18 Hole Gary Player designed golf course which will be on Saadiyat Island in 2013.
Also in 2013 will see the opening of the W Hotel Abu Dhabi
Visa on arrival for 30 day stays for the following countries with 6 month validity on their passport
Countries eligible for visa on arrival
• Australia • Andorra • Austria • Brunei • Belgium • Canada • Denmark • Finland • France • Germany • Greece • Hong Kong • Iceland • Ireland • Italy • Japan • Liechtenstein • Luxembourg • Malaysia • Monaco • Netherlands • New Zealand • Norway • Portugal • San Marino • Singapore • South Korea • Spain • Sweden • Switzerland • United Kingdom • United States of America • The Vatican.
• British Citizens can obtain a visa upon arrival at Abu Dhabi Airport.
• GCC Nationals can also enter the UAE without a visa.
currency Dirham (AED)
Some fun facts you might not know about Abu Dhabi:
- Abu Dhabi means Father of the Gazelle in Arabic
- The Capital Gate Building leans 4 times more than the tower of Pisa!
- Abu Dhabi is home to Ferrari Land and hosts the Grand Prix in November
- In December they have a multimillion dollar camel beauty pageant with over 20,000 camels taking part! Its the Al Dhafra Festival
- Abu Dhabi consists of 700 kilometres coastline and has 200 islands
- The world’s largest Jeep is in Abu Dhabi…,it’s 21 feet tall, weighs 4.4 tons and completely drivable
- Abu Dhabi is also home to the world’s largest rug. This famous carpet is 60,546-square-foot and it took over a year to complete with the help of more than a thousand weavers.
- There are 199 different kind of dates and the country produces 76,000 tonnes of dates every year.
- The Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque houses the worlds largest chandelier
- In Abu Dhabi they have air conditioning EVERYWHERE including bus stops
- Abu Dhabi was designed by Japanese architect Dr Takahashi in 1967 with the guidance of Sheikh Zayed.
- Abu Dhabi has gold dispensing ATMs
- Abu Dhabi is home to the Yas Marina Circuit
For more detailed information you can visit the official Abu Dhabi Tourist Board